Roodekoppies Dam, situated just outside of Brits in the North West province will play host to the inaugural Gys Pitzer Motoring Business Classic being held from 12-14 Aug 2022. Renowned for the quality carp the dam regularly churns out; this 4-man team event promises to be a cracker with both big carp and big cash prizes on offer. Is your business up to the challenge? Enter today and secure your spot.
Prizes on offer
Prizes will be award to the 3 heaviest combined bags of carp over 8kg.
- 1st – heaviest bag – R120 000.00*
- 2nd heaviest bag – R80 000.00*
- 3rd heaviest bag – R40 000.00*
- 4th heaviest bag – R20 000.00*
- 5th heaviest bag – R10 000.00*
- Prize money will be adjusted if less than 45 teams entered.
R10 000.00 plus a possibility of being featured on the front cover of The Bank Angler Magazine.
NB: More prizes and lucky draws will be announced. To qualify for lucky draw prizes teams must be present at the prize giving.
- Tournament entry fee is R10 000 per team of four anglers and includes resort entrance, 2 Shirts & 1 Cap for each team member and a welcome goody bag. Pegs will be booked on a first come first served basis, and are limited to 45 teams.
- Pegs will only be confirmed when payment is received.
- Peg bookings open from 23 May to 20 July 2022.
- Peg payments are not refundable, but are transferable.
- Pre booking is compulsory.
- All three resorts at Water Affairs, Roodekoppies Angling Resort and Dennekruin – Roodekoppies Dam is booked out for the event.
Order of Events
- 12 Aug 2022 – 09:00 to 10:00 – Drawing of Pegs at Water Affairs Resort
- 12 Aug 2022 – 10:00 – Gates open, Set up camps and equipment. No lines or boats in the water.
- 12 Aug 2022 – 15:00 – Competitions Starts
- 14 Aug 2022 – 10:00 – Competition Ends
- 14 Aug 2022 – 12:00 – Prize Giving – Water Affairs Resort
- Maximum of Four Anglers per peg.
- Only one rod are permitted for each angler.
- No fifth rods, spod-rods or hand lines will be allowed.
- Target species is strictly Carp.
- Canoes, Bait boats and inflatables are allowed.
- Canoes and boats must have two oars.
- Electric Trolling motors and petrol powered engines up to a maximum of 5hp are allowed.
- No gumboots or waders are to be worn while out on a boat or canoe.
- Life Jackets with a whistle are to be worn when travelling on the dam.
- Head Lamps, in on-position are compulsory when traveling at night on the dam.
- Marker floats are limited to a maximum of 250m from near bank and fishing further than 250 meter from near bank is prohibited.
- DNA testing to establish the origin of carp weighed in during the event can be conducted if necessary.
- Anglers under the influence of alcohol are prohibited from operating boats or canoes.
- Anglers are prohibited from feeding the team’s target area from boat or canoe, without a rod or line in hand.
- No more than a 5l bucket of feed will be permitted on boats or canoes at any time.
- Bait boats are prohibited from feeding the team’s target area without a line going out.
- Bait boats cannot feed any other area than the team’s designated target area.
- Swimming in the dam is strictly prohibited.
- Strictly no pets allowed.
- No load music or noise will be tolerated.
- No littering or vandalism will be tolerated.
- The maximum vehicle speed is 20km/h in all zones.
- No assault or verbal abuse will be tolerated.
- No bass fishing or fishing for any other species will be allowed.
- No visitors or non-angling family members are allowed in canoes or boats at any time.
- Visitors and non-angling family members are prohibited from fishing, or assisting in the landing of any fish.
- No catches will be weighed in 15 minutes after the hooter has gone.
- When the hooter sounds to indicate the end of the tournament only anglers busy landing a fish will be eligible to weigh in.
- No open fires are permitted – bomas and braais are welcome.
Weigh in Rules
- A roaming scale will be on the bank – at designated areas
- Carp to be kept in soft carp sacks or knotless nets.
- Carp will be only be weighed by Marshalls on tournament scales.
- Each team will sign the weight sheet for every fish they weigh.
- Carp to be released immediately after weigh- in.
- No dead carp will be weighed.
- Only carp over 8kg will be weighed.
- No other species than carp will be weighed.
- Leader board can only be followed on the www.foranglers.co.za website and the dedicated application.
- Officials/Marshalls will upload your catches.
- Weigh stations will be closed from 22:00 to 05:00.
- The HEAD official’s decision is final.
- Minimum weight of carp that can weigh-in is 8kg.
- Only the heaviest 3 carp per team will count towards prizes.
- Cheating carp weight by any means
- Refusing a vehicle search at gates.
- Under the influence of alcohol operating a boat or canoe.
- Gumboots or waders on boat or canoes when traveling.
- No life jacket worn when travelling on the boat.
- Assault, verbal abuse to fellow competitors.
- Loud music within the confines of the resort.
- We hereby notify all parties, competitors and anglers involved, that the organizers reserves the right to change the rules and make adjustments all in favour to enhance the success of this event at their own discretion.
- Cash prizes can or may change if the required target of 45 pegs aren’t reached.